TRAIN. NETWORK. PERFORM. TRANSFORM
BDC’s Professional Semester is ideal for advanced dancers ready to launch their professional careers. This program is open to dancers from the USA and international students.
This 4-month intensive full-time program is designed to give you the skills and connections you need to establish yourself as a working dancer. If you’re coming from a university or high school dance program, or are pre-professional looking for further momentum to establish connections in New York, BDC will provide you with the practical knowledge and experience needed for a successful career in dance. In addition to your scheduled weekly classes with our Faculty you’ll attend industry seminars, networking opportunities, private master classes in a variety of genres, mock auditions that provide real-world experience, and a final industry showcase. This program will give you the confidence to take that next step in your career. Get ready to work!
Program Start Date
App Deadline - USA Students
App Deadline - International Students
Mon, Aug 22, 2022
Fri, Jul 22, 2022
Fri, Jul 8, 2022
Some elements of this full-time intensive program include:
- Ages 18-27
- Fall and spring semesters
- Welcome orientation and placement class
- Choose your concentration, whether it be one genre or multi-disciplinary
- Throughout the program, students take 10 – 14 classes from our drop-in schedule of over 250 classes per week in coordination with Industry Showcase auditions and rehearsals
- Faculty mentors chosen from your set schedule teachers
- Weekly seminars addressing various aspects of the industry
- Private master classes and mock auditions with NYC agents
- Networking opportunities with dance agencies, casting agents, and BDC faculty and guests
- End-of-program industry showcase at a New York City theater
For summer study, see our 6-week Summer Professional Semester
Looking for more flexibility? Try our Independent Training Program
HOW TO APPLY
TUITION & PAYMENT
The Professional Semester requires 10 years or more of training or Advanced Standard as per BDC’s professional leveling.
No. You must acquire an M1 student visa. BDC is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
The Independent Training program is open to dancers of all levels, to hone in on their training while maintaining a flexible work-life balance. The Professional Semester is audition-based for advanced dancers looking to launch their professional careers through a rigorous training structure.
The mission of the Serge Onik Dance Scholarship with Broadway Dance Center is to provide access to dance education for people who lack such resources. The people who are accepted to receive the scholarship come from minority backgrounds, socioeconomic challenges, and/or are first-generation immigrants. This scholarship can be applied for the four month Independent Professional Semester.